By completing a Gift Aid Declaration you can ensure that for every £1 you donate to the Metropolitan & City Police Orphans Fund, we can reclaim the tax to increase your donation to £1.25. All donations qualify – large or small, one-off or regular, and whatever the method of payment – and there's no extra cost to you.
To take advantage of the Gift Aid scheme, all you have to do is print and complete the form below and return it to us. This simply means that you confirm that you are a UK tax payer and that you are happy for us to reclaim the tax.
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. Follow link to print from your browser, or right click and choose Save Link As to save the form to your computer.
- You can cancel this declaration at any time by notifying the charity.
- You must pay an amount of income tx and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the tax year (currently 25 pence for each £1 you give).
- If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, you can cancel your declaration (see note 1).
- If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self-Assessment tax return.
- If you are unsure whether your donation qualifies for Gift Aid tax relief, ask the charity, or ask your local tax office for leaflet IR113 Gift Aid.
- Please notify the charity if you change your name or address